Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Coldplay "Paradise"

I first heard this Coldplay song about a year ago. It was the second single released from their Mylo Xyloto album. There really isn't a Coldplay I don't like but this song is my new favorite. The lyrics really speak to me. My favorite lyrics is "When she was just a girl she expected the world but it flew away from her reach." It sounds just like my childhood. I was very privileged growing up. I was an only child and only grandchild so I was raised to believe I could have whatever I wanted. As I grew up I started to learn that the rest of the world doesn't work that way and throwing a tantrum won't help. This was a bit depressing but luckily I think I have grown out of that. The other part of the song talks about sleeping as a coping mechanism for depression and while some people drink or abuse drugs I love to sleep as my escape. I just really can't say enough about how much I love this song. I hope you like it as much as I do. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment