Friday, September 21, 2012

Train "50 Ways to Say Goodbye"

I thought I should post something from Train since I am going to see them in concert of Sunday night. I have been listening to this band since I was in high school and I have always enjoyed every song they put out. That said I really didn't pay much attention to this song 50 ways to say goodbye when it first started playing on the radio. I think I didn't really love the intro for this song because it kind of has a spanish dance vibe that just doesn't fit with Train music that you here on the radio or the song premise. That said in concert which I have been lucky enough to see them twice before. The lead singer Pat does all sorts of things with their songs like adding spanish dancing that you might not expect but is cool and creative live. So I ignored this song for awhile. Then I figured last night I should down load it. If you get past the intro and into the song about a guy getting dumped and what he is going to tell everyone it's amazing. Just the idea of telling someone your ex got eaten by a shark or lion just makes me laugh because it's totally something we would want to do in an effort to avoid telling someone we got dumped. I just love this song now and even the intro is growing on me. I had it on repeat all last night and this morning. Can't wait to see it live this Sunday. Enjoy the song and enjoy Train.

No comments:

Post a Comment